Eastern Iowa Health Center and YPN, in partnership with local Hy-Vee Food Stores and Drugstores, are excited to announce the 3rd Annual Operation Diaper Drive, a community-wide effort to stock the Eastern Iowa Diaper Bank with a one year supply of diapers. All Cedar Rapids and Marion Hy-Vee Food Stores and Drugstores will be collecting donations of diapers and wipes from October 1 – 21, 2018.
Diapers are one of the most basic needs for a family with a new baby. On average, a monthly supply of diapers costs $80. Add that up and one year of diapers costs nearly $1,000! Low-income families spend nearly 14% of their paychecks on diapers. Most daycare centers require parents to provide a daily supply of diapers. When families don’t have enough diapers, parents have to stay at home instead of working or going to school.
Operation Diaper Drive will ensure that babies and toddlers in our community stay clean, dry and healthy.
How can you help?
- Sponsor the 3rd Annual Operation Diaper Drive. If you are interested in sponsoring this event and helping eliminate diaper need, contact Erin at email@example.com
- Drop off diapers and wipes in the collection boxes at your local Hy-Vee in October (all sizes and open packages are welcome)
- Add a donation of 10 or 25 diapers to your Hy-Vee purchase – just tell the cashier that you would like to donate diapers!
- Donate online! 100% of donations will be used to purchase diapers and wipes.
- Hold a casual day at the office and ask co-workers to donate diapers in exchange for wearing jeans. Drop off the donations at Hy-Vee or call 319.472.4557 to arrange a pick up.
Thank You 2018 Sponsors: